The General Manager, Ontario Region (GM) is responsible for the overall Ontario business. This includes management of both sales and operations, including staff, assets and premises. The GM will have P&L responsibility for the region.
The GM will report to the President but will be expected to work closely with the other Executive team members to ensure a coordinated marketing and sales strategy across Canada. The Management team works collaboratively to achieve goals and plan the overall direction of the Company.
The GM will be responsible to develop a profitable and effective growth plan for the region and to execute the plan.
The GM will be directly accountable for maintaining the I-XL brand in the region including ethical standards and safety.
- Grow the business in the region, focus on contribution
- P&L responsibility, monthly review of financial results and comment on variances
- Open new locations as contemplated within the strategic plans
- Develop relationships with key accounts and suppliers
- Maintain Company-wide standards for integrity and ethics at all levels within the entire region
- As a member of the Executive group participate in the development of strategic plans
- Create revenue targets for the Region and the sales plans to achieve the targets
- Prepare implementation plans and ensure that these plans are put into place and achieve the desired results
- Direct supervision of all sales representatives ensuring sales efforts are effectively focused within the strategic and annual plans
- Develop individual sales plans and maintain accountability for the sales team
- Ensure the CRM is used by all sales representatives as designed and accurate data is maintained
Facilities & Operations Management
Once a certain growth level is attained or a second branch is opened a Branch Operations Manager (BOM) will be hired and the GM will oversee the activities of the BOM. Until that time, the GM will be responsible for facility and inventory management, customer service standards, safety and environmental compliance. The GM may delegate day to day responsibility to a capable operations staff member. The operations details include:
- Maintaining inventory levels, with assistance from head office inventory staff
- Ensure customer service standards for order processing and problem resolution are met
- Ensure the showrooms are maintained according to the specifications from Marketing
- Supervise the activities of all the operations staff
- Responsible to investigate all safety incidents and implement corrective measures
- Environmental and safety compliance and reporting
- Ensure equipment and buildings are maintained ensuring cost controls are effective and capex plans are followed
- Must have at least 10 years of progressive management experience, including management of professional sales staff and results.
- Knowledge of construction and building products. Masonry specific a definite advantage.
- Entrepreneurial, will embrace the start-up culture of our business in Ontario.
- Strong leadership abilities, proven track record of creating a team concept.
- Great communicator and negotiator, above average written abilities.
- Bachelor level education is preferred.