I-XL Building Products (www.ixlbuild.com) has an exciting opportunity for an Accounts Payable/Administrative Assistant to join our head office team in Surrey.
I-XL is one of Canada’s largest importers and distributors of brick, stone, and architectural cladding products. With a particular focus on premier products worldwide, we provide customers with the most comprehensive selection of building envelope products available. We have established an unrivalled reputation for customer service, product knowledge, and design expertise throughout our long history.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who takes a great deal of pride in their responsibilities and exhibits integrity, professionalism, time management and organizational skills. Reporting to the Controller, this position is a key initial point of contact with persons external to the organization.
A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday (onsite)
- Account Payable and employee expense data entry
- Answering the phone in a polite prompt manner and greeting visitors likewise
- Arranging courier deliveries
- Maintain and order office supplies
- Opening and distribution of mail
- Preparation of bank deposits
- Matching Accounts Payable invoices and preparing cheques for payments
- Other accounting duties as required
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Basic accounting knowledge / previous A/P experience is an asset
- Administrative Assistant experience would be a bonus!
- A positive attitude and exceptional interpersonal skills
- Initiative and a willingness to learn and take on new tasks
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to succeed
- Proven ability to work effectively and independently with minimal supervision
- Proven commitment to accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent command of the English language both written and verbal
- Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize work
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
We thank you for your interest in this position, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted, via email, for a phone interview.