I-XL Building Products has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, experienced Inside Sales Representative to join our growing Calgary team.
I-XL Building Products is Canada’s leading distributor of architectural masonry. Through our six design centres and an extensive network of independent dealers across the country, we offer a broad portfolio of brick, stone, and cladding products that provide innovative solutions for architects, builders, and construction professionals. Since 1912, I-XL has built a reputation for its commitment to world-class customer service, technical expertise, and product selection.
If HGTV is one of your favourite channels, you love interacting with people, and you have an interest in design or home construction/renovation, we want to hear from you!
The ideal candidate will be creative, outgoing, professional, and demonstrate a high level of customer service. You enjoy building rapport and relationships over the phone and in person. A background in retail sales/construction would definitely be an asset!
Hours: Monday through Friday 7:30 am–4:00 pm (on site)
- Work with the customers to determine the best choice(s) for their specific projects and provide quotations.
- Process and maintain sales orders, invoicing, and returns.
- Regularly monitor sales orders to ensure that they will be ready on time.
- Take and process credit card information, account payments, and deposits.
- Develop close relationships with masonry contractors, designers and home builders positioning the company as their primary supplier.
- Work closely with the outside sales team as resources to maximize overall branch sales results.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least 2 years’ experience in sales or customer service.
- Experience in wholesale/retail or dealing with the public.
- Strong customer service experience with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail, ability to communicate confidently while maintaining your positive, fun, sense of humour.
- Strong time management skills, specifically the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Proficient in MS Office and comfortable learning new systems.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Works well in a small, cohesive team environment.
- Full background check will be required.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
We thank you for your interest in this position. The candidates that will be selected to move forward will be contacted, via email, to schedule a phone interview.