I-XL Building Products has a great opportunity for an Inside Sales Representative to join our growing Mississauga team.
I-XL Building Products is Canada’s leading distributor of architectural masonry. Through our six design centres and an extensive network of independent dealers across the country, we offer a broad portfolio of brick, stone, and cladding products that provide innovative solutions for architects, builders, and construction professionals. Since 1912, I-XL has built a reputation for its commitment to world-class customer service, technical expertise, and product selection.
Reporting to the Branch Operations Manager, the ideal candidate is self-motivated, creative and outgoing, professional with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and possesses a keen interest in learning our product lines. Successful applicants will demonstrate excellent customer service and find enjoyment in establishing rapport and relationships over the phone and in person. A background in retail sales/construction is considered an asset.
I-XL has a competitive compensation and benefits package based on experience.
Hours: Monday through Friday, 7:30 am-4:00 pm (on-site)
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with customers to determine the best choice(s) for their specific projects and provide quotations
- Process and maintain sales orders, invoicing, and returns
- Regularly monitor sales orders to ensure that they will be ready on time
- Take and process credit card information, account payments, and deposits
- Develop close relationships with masonry contractors, designers and home builders to position the company as their primary supplier
- Work closely with the outside sales team as a resource to maximize overall branch sales results
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least 2 years of experience in sales or customer service
- Experience in wholesale/retail or dealing with the public
- Strong customer service experience with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and the ability to communicate confidently while maintaining your positive, fun, sense of humour
- Strong time management skills, specifically the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Proficient in MS Office and will be comfortable learning new systems
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
We thank you for your interest in this position. The candidates that will be selected to move forward will be contacted, via email, to schedule a phone interview.